WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Embrace Your Struggle

I was reflecting like yesterday and two days ago...just about losing my macbook and my wallet in my second year and always failing 3 courses and stuff. It all started during bible study during fellowship on Friday...when we were talking about how when God lets you indulge in your desires, in things like money and stuff, it's not a good thing, it's a punishment, cuz those things become your master...and I was a slave to those things. I had never had a laptop before and my first laptop ends up being a macbook, something I like begged my parents fot, obv it's good, but I also wanted it moreso to show off and stuff...and my wallet, I had A LOT of money in there...don't even know why I kept so much...I'm talking bills on bills on bills...but yeah...God taking that away from me...was a reminder...was Him saying HEY,,,I'm still in control buddy...I gave you all these things and I can just as easily take it away. And we were going through this passage that talked about wives...submit to your husbands...husbands...love your wives...children, obey your parents...parents, don't provoke your kids...slaves, obey your master...masters, be fair to your slaves. So we were talking and the question came up of the 3 pairs mentioned...which do you relate to at the moment...and I started thinking about my life...and how I was and still am a lot of the times a slave...slave to earthly things...to materialistic things, to lust, to a lot of earthly things...that's when I started thinking about my macbook and stuff. And the next day I started thinking more...and this specific sermon came to mind, it was quite a while ago...but the pastor was talking about how sometimes things in your life will happen...that you just don't understand...it could be good things, bad things, devastating things...but things happen that are simply out of your control and you can't explain or understand it. And sometimes...you won't understand it till days, weeks, months or even years later...but all you need to hold onto is that God is in control, He has a plan and He has a reason for all of this. All you need to know is that this is happening in your life for a specific reason, God has placed you in this specific place and time, this specific obstacle or trial...for a specific reason...that you won't understand till later down the road. But when you do understand, you'll realize that it was all necessary...the pain, the struggle, the stress...in order for you to get to where you are right now. Looking back, I've been through a heck of a lot...failed courses, lost items, severe injuries, being down in my faith...but it has all led up to this point...to where I am right now...I'm not done yet, far from it...still have lots left to go in my walk with God...but I'm slowly learning to embrace my struggle,,,to know that God has placed these obstacles in my life for a reason...succeed or fail...I know it's for a reason, to learn, to grow, to mature...and to most of all become more like Christ...so that's just me...and how I'm accepting the fact that struggle, pain, trials, tests...are all apart of life, but they help you...and I'm doing my best to embrace it...and giving thanks to God in the process.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever youf ace trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." - James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment