WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Retreat 2014

So some of y'all know I went away this weekend for my church's annual retreat where we getaway for a weekend and just chill with each other, have worship and ultimately glorify God. This retreat was a bit different coming in for me...just cuz a lot of the boys werem't coming it was essentially just me and my friend...so we had to make due with that. Went in on a Friday night and had our first worship session, message and time of small group.After that a few of us went out for dinner cuz they didn't provide dinner that night. Went to mcds with some of the guys and just chilled around. After we came back, we all lounged around, played some board games and ish, most people slept pretty early, like 1-2 am cuz I guess everyone was tired. Saturday...only full day of activities, woke up to some pretty sour news that hot foods (sausages, eggs,etc) weren't included in our breakfast and we only got like bagels, cereal, muffins,toast, etc...so I was like wtf...then we found out it was and some guy from our church like argued saying it was...so we all got our hot foods :D After that we had another worship session, message and time of small group, followed by lunch. After lunch was supposed to be a group photo, but my friend and I finished lunch early with an hour to spare, so we hit the gym LOOOOL...came back in time for the group photo, then had game time in the gym...definitely really cool to see all the young kids step up this year and help plan games and be on the retreat worship team. After game time we had free time where we sat around and played board games in the halls hahaha. Then came dinner followed by another worship session. Night time, where the real fun begins...we all just sat around playing board games as usual, chilling around, but everyone was super tired and slept at like 12-1 ish...so my friend and I and like 2 other guys were like hmm...what to do now lol. So my friend and I joined the high school kids who were watching a movie...like 20 of them surrounding a 13 inch macbook pro LOOL...it was fun, we were watching 21 jump street but at the same time it felt awkward cuz i felt out of place lol...like I was chaperoning them or something...and I wanted them to just do their own thing.So my friend and I went to play pool and 2 other friends joined us...we played till like 2 am ish...2 guys went to sleep and it was just me and my boy again. We were walking around and found some high school kids and just chilled with them lol, walked around the halls and ish...some of these kids are really mature for their age and really cool and down to earth to chill with. We all stayed up till like 4:30 just hanging out. Today was checkout day...super tired, only had like 3 hours of sleep...came homeat like 1 ish...was exhausted...went to visit my friend for a bit but mostly just stayed at home. This year's retreat...was different that's for sure.Not bad....but different, def would've been so amazing with all the guys, but it was real nice to be able to bond and hang out with some of the kids cuz I don't usually get to do that. It was really nice tho to just hang out with my homie for most of the time just laughing, joking, taking pictures LOOOL...not too much else to say, you just gottadeal with the hand you're given and make the best out of it...it was def a fun weekend for sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment