WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 17, 2015

What's Your Foundation?

As of late...I've been really reminded how important it is to rely on God. Not your own strength, not your family, not your friends...but God and God alone. It's been a very encouraging reminder that everything in this world will fail me...my own will, my strength, my family, my friends...as much as I want to rely on these things...they'll all fail me, but God never will. When bad things happen, it's always easy to want to confide in your friends or family cuz they can physically be there for you...but what happens when they can't be there for you...what happens when they let you down. I've been reminded how I have someone with me EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of EVERY SINGLE DAY of my life...and he'll never leave me. We learned in bible study today to embrace our pain and struggle...bring that pain to God...and be honest and open about it. That though we go through inevitable struggles...we have hope in God and in his plan for us. That gives me so much encouragement...that through tough times...through hardship...I cling to God knowing he's ALWAYS got my back.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment