WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Your Pain Is My Pain

When you care enough about someone, you feel their pain. I'm not talking about if someone stubs their toe, you're gonna feel the same pain that they're feeling. This is more on an emotional and personal level. A lot of my friends think I don't like it when people cry, that I can't handle it cuz I always say...please don't cry. But they don't understand where that comes from...it hurts me when I see my friends cry cuz all I can do is sit there and watch them and either sit with them or comfort them with words. When you care a lot about someone...you feel their pain...if they break up with their loved one, lose a family member or are simply going through a hard time...their pain is your pain, you feel for them, you feel their sadness, you feel their anger. Sometimes it sucks seeing your friends upset, knowing you couldn't be there to prevent it from happening. What may be even worse is seeing them upset and knowing you can't do anything to cheer them up. I think in those cases the most important thing is just being there for them...even if they don't want you there...make yourself available. It's not about you...it's about them. It's not about what you could've done, what you can say or do at the moment...it's simply about making yourself available to them...knowing that they have someone who is there plain and simple. I don't like seeing my friends or family sad...cuz I put myself in their shoes and I feel their struggle. When my boy gets rejected my a girl he really liked...I've been there and feel his struggle...when a friend experiences a death of a loved one...I may not have experienced that, but I have envisioned that scenario a countless amount of times and cried real tears enough to feel their pain as well. Breaking this all down very simple...when you care about someone...it's one thing to be there for them and stuff like I talked about...but when you have a real connection with that person...you'll feel their pain, their sadness and their sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment