WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Retreat 2015

To refine something or to be refined is to purify, to remove elements you don't want, simply put...to make better. The theme for retreat this year was refining in the fire. Retreat's always been something that's been hyped and anticipated...but this year the hype wasn't the same as it has been in previous years. Less numbers, less excitement, less buzz...but I kept my head and my hopes up...ready to embrace whatever was put in front of me. And I had a dang good time...sleepless nights, early mornings, insight from kiddies...it definitely met and exceeded my expectations, but then again I set them pretty low. As of late, I feel God's been speaking to me a lot...well trying to, I haven't really been listening let's just say. Retreat hit me hard in a lot of ways...from worship, to the sermons, to listening to the kids in my small group. I get so happy when I see or am around those kiddies...they're so joyful and happy, it just rubs off on you. The sermons and songs surrounding the theme really spoke to me...being refined, striving to be a better christian each and every day. Refining your faith, your commitment, your everything to God. It's felt like a slow summer, but I know God has been good...the summer has been up and down...messy, stressful, fun, happy, all that jazz...one thing that I was reminded of at retreat...is to be still, to know that He is God...and He is good...and He will always come through. I need to refine that passion for God...refine that joy and thirst for more. I know I'm filled to be emptied again...God is always working in my life whether I see it or not...I just had to have faith that everything in my life happens for a reason...times of happiness, times of drought and when I'm in the desert...to be still, to hear his voice...and praise him regardless or where I am or what is happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment