WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Slow And Steady Wins The Race

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago, I was walking in a desert...bored, complaining...constantly asking the question to myself "am I there yet?" Things felt hella slow...that's when I woke up...opened up the notes app on my phone and started furiously writing to make sure I didn't forget what I wanted to talk about. When I was a kid, I always wanted to get to my destination...as soon and as fast as possible...cuz that's the goal right...going on vacation, running a race, taking a walk...there's always a destination...and when I was a kid, I always wanted to get there as soon and as fast as possible. On family vacations...I hated walking, hated stopping to take pictures and so such...it would piss me off LOL, I was wanted to get to my destination...and any time that was not spent going to the destination in my eyes was wasted time. Even now...I find myself rushing...I'm a very fast eater lol...that's just me, I can't help it...but sometimes, on the rare occasions when I take my time to eat or am distracted by conversations, it's a nice switch of pace. Sometimes. I know it feels like things...like life...is moving slow. You wanna rush and hurry up to get to your destination...because that's your goal, that's what you've planned for and thought about, the end goal, the finish line, the final destination. As I've grown older, I've learned to take my time...except for the eating part lol. I've learned to take my time, to enjoy the journey...including any detours, setbacks or failures you met endure on the road to your destination. Yeah, sometimes life feels like it's moving slow...but hey, change your mindset, take that time to appreciate the things, the people and everything around you. Life isn't always a race...realistically, where are you in such a hurry to go...to make a lot of money, to marry a pretty girl, to have kids, to have grand kids, to grow old, to die. Ultimately, you gotta ask yourself the question, is/are all those things things that you really want to rush and skip...just to get to the next step or next stage. I've learned to take my time...yeah I see the finish line, the goal in sight...but it isn't going anywhere...I'm gonna take my time...smell the flowers, maybe take the long way around, endure some setbacks, bring along some strays...and overall enjoy the journey, cuz isn't that what makes the destination so much more satisfying...knowing the crazy journey you went on to arrive at that destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment