WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

So I Met This Girl...

So sometimes, it's super dope meeting new people. So I met this girl a while back at this basketball thing at my church. Chill tho, she's much older than me...anyways, I remember this is around the time I got my first tattoo. She saw it and she was like wow that's super cool and she asked me about it and such. She's like yeah I've seen you around church and stuff, it's cool to finally meet you, btw she was a pretty dope ball player as well. Anyways, it was super dope at the time because when I first got my tattoo, I wasn't sure how people would react, specifically the older folks at my church, but I was fully prepared for whatever reaction, specifically a negative one. It was super awesome meeting her because her reaction was so unexpected you know...I'm used to like weird look, whispers and murmurs, so when she like nonchalantly approached me and asked me about it as if she'd known me for years, I was kinda taken back. So fast forward to present time, I don't see her very often at church, but couple weeks back, she saw me and asked what was up and such, I was wearing a long sleeve cuz it was kinda chilly, she was wearing a t-shirt. She goes hey why're you're wearing a long sleeve, are you hiding your tattoos, did they tell you to cover it up? I started dying LOOOL, I was like nah, it's cold...she's like ohhh, as long as you're not trying to cover that up, she's like it's super cool, embrace it. So she asks me to help her move some tables and I do so....I'm like standing around the tables...these other ladies come and start talking in chinese in like a very stubborn tone telling me to move and such...she comes and goes oh don't worry, he's a very nice boy, he helped me move these tables...automatically their tone changed and they were like ohhhh wow what a good boy...like brah. Anyways, yeah...talking to certain people, you cn just tell when if they're super chill and down to earth. Sometimes, when you talk to people, it feels like they have a hidden agenda, if feels like they're dissecting and analyzing you as they're talking to you...I know this cuz I'm definitely guilty of it as well. But sometimes, when you meet someone and your walls just naturally come down because you don't feel like they're a threat, they feel very inviting and warm. That's a super amazing feeling because you know you're not being judged by how you look or what they've heard about you. Anyways, I just wanted to share that with you guys because it's pretty rare to meet people who make you feel like that, this lady didn't see me as someone who had tattoos, was dressed a certain way, did his hair a certain way or talked a certain way...she saw me as a this kid who played basketball, she approached me and went from there. It's definitely something I'm working on as well, looking at people with an open mind...trying not to create my own images of them before even getting to know them. I definitely know how it feels to be looked at as that kid with tattoos, that kid who dresses this or that way, that kid who has his hair like this or that...so it's one of those things I'm consciously working on not to do onto other people. If y'all read this hoping for a girl story, you kinda got one...probably not the one you were expecting LOOOOL, sorry folks, till next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment