WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Rules For Dealing With An Ex-Girlfriend

Greetings friends, hope you are doing well...so thought I'd hit y'all with something a little light-hearted by rehashing an old post I read a couple weeks back. So back when I dated this girl, most of my (girl) friends didn't like her. For some context, this was when I was in grade 12, so still in high school. So one time, my girlfriend...let's call her Bonnie for the sake of it...comes to my school to visit me cuz she goes to a different school. I was sitting with her and I recall oh so vividly one of my friends walking past me, seeing me with her and like glaring at me, that night she was like I'm mad at you cuz I saw you with that girl LOL. So let's fast forward a bit like a year or so later, Bonnie and I are broken up, but we still communicate quite frequently, I don't wanna use the term "on and off", but essentially she had brought up the idea of getting back together and I was kinda unsure. So, my 2 (girl) friends knew I talked to Bonnie a lot and weren't really happy about because they didn't like her and they didn't like the affect that she had on me whether emotionally or just on my personality. So this one weekend my 2 friends and my other boy were going away to a retreat where Bonnie would be and for my own well being, they came up with a list of rules when it came to Bonnie LOOOL...I call it 'The Ex Rules'. The Ex Rules consisted of 4 rules:

1. Can't sit with her during sermons
2. Can't sit with her during meals
3. Limited free time with her
4. No physical contact

Legit my 3 friends would monitor me the entire weekend to make sure I was following these rules LOOOL, and I somewhat recall that I barely came in contact with her at all the entire weekend. I think we only chilled like one night out of the three days and two nights that we were there and even then I remember going out cuz she asked me to chill and my friends were like yo, don't be out for long LOL. That was a very interesting time in my life and Bonnie to this day remains a very interesting person within the context of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment