WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Embrace Your Singleness

Embrace Your Struggle http://thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.ca/2013/10/embrace-your-struggle.html

Hey friends...wow it feels like it's been forever since I've talked to y'all. I don't even have any excuse...time literally flew by, it's been a busy couple days. I feel like relationships and marriage and such have been the topics as of late...at least around me. I've been talking to a lot of people about relationships, being in a relationship, relationship problems, marriage, engagement, life...all that jazz, you know you know. I like to have conversations with my friends and ask them what kinda girl they see me with and vice versa and we just talk about things like that. We talk about like marriage...how we know a lot of people getting married like early 20's...is that considered too early and such. Since it's been a while since I've posted, I wanted the first post I made coming back to be a good one, not just one I slopped together, which explains why days kept passing and I kept loafting...cuz the good posts take time to make lol. But yeah...any ways, as much as you know yourself and what you like and look for in a partner, it's always interesting to see how other people perceive you and what they think you like and who they imagine seeing you with. However, same thing I told my friend...I don't hold those things to heart...meaning I don't have a check list of a prototypical girl and if she doesn't match all those requirements, I won't date her. I feel like you close a lot of doors and opportunities if you say oh, I'm looking for a girl who plays sports...or oh I'm looking for a girl who loves to workout. Me...I don't like to close doors, I like to keep my options  open because anything can happen, you could end up with someone who is the completely opposite of you and hates everything you love. But that would be rare considering majority of us tend to stay in our own lanes and associate with people similar to us or people not that far off. Any ways...I've been telling my friends how I've been torna s of late...50/50...one side of me loves and embraces being single...being able to have time to myself, chill with the boys, be free, be me. But the other part of me sees couples, imagines myself doing couple-y things and it makes me want to be in a relationship. Which brings me to a conversation with my teacher and how he's like yo...take your time...embrace your singleness...you're only young for so long, when you get married...you legit have NO personal time. It made me think yeah he's so right. It made me think about how some people think they NEED to find a partner in order to be happy...making their happiness dependent on someone else. It makes me think what if that person were to leave or pass away...their happiness would be gone along with them. It formed my opinion of embracing your singleness...finding happiness and contentment in and with your own life...letting love come to you...finding a partner is just added happiness. Along with that...some people don't realize the burdens that come with having a partner...speaking more so to the guys here...you're technically in charge or another person's well being...emotionally, physically and most importantly spiritually. Which ultimately brings me to where I am right now...content and happy with my life...with being single. I'm open and welcome to a relationship...but atm, I'm not actively searching it out, more like passively searching it out. I'm not neglecting it completely, but if a cute girl comes by way, I'll made conversation and see where it goes. But I'm not dependent on another person to make me happy...my happiest moments are chilling with my boys doing stupid stuff and making jokes. I'm patient and hopeful that God has prepared a woman out there for me...and I'm not sitting here idly waiting for her to pop up in front of me...but I'm not like cutting down pushes and climbing mountains to go find her...passively pursuing...and enjoying my life in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment