WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Guest Writer #15: Golden Frieza

Hey y'all, day 3 of our 7 days of guest posts, hope you guys are doing wonderful, spending lots of time with family, friends and just relaxing and enjoying the holidays, I know I sure am. As busy as the malls are and as stressful as a time this is with Christmas shopping and all the gatherings you probably have planned, take time to enjoy the little things in your life and make sure you appreciate all your blessings, as much as you may get this year, there are many who may not get as much or at all this year, be grateful. Any ways, here's today's guest writer, the homie Golden Frieza did me a solid and came through with a blog post like a couple of hours after I asked him lol. I had somebody else planned for today, but they couldn't think of anything, so I literally asked him last night and he sent it to me a couple of hours later, much appreciated pal.

Guest Writer #1: SpeakingMyMind
Guest Writer #2: Letters To You

Guest Writer #3: TC
Guest Writer #4: Anonymous Queen B
Guest Writer #5: Someone You Used To Know
Guest Writer #6: Heartlocked
Guest Writer #7: LG Slayer 231
Guest Writer #8: TC
Guest Writer #9: G. Ho
Guest Writer #10: Golden Frieza
Guest Writer #11: Ghost Writer
Guest Writer #12: Pink Precariat
Guest Writer #13: Disconnect
Guest Writer #14: Daniel

Chameleons

So my friend asked me to write another post for his blog again, and of course I said yes. Why did I say yes? I don’t know, because he’s my friend, stop asking me dumb questions. Anyways, I have a million and one thoughts and ideas in my head that I have so much to write about, honestly I have so many ideas in my head I can probably write a whole blog. But I won’t. Because I’m too lazy. Anyways, when he said he wanted a post written by tomorrow, I figured I would write about something that crossed my mind just now, and happened just now.

Basically what I want to write about is people (including ourselves) who act differently around certain people. The reason this crossed my mind today was because my friend invited me and my friend, as well as his other friends to a basketball game. I know his other friends, but to be honest, I don’t really care for them. Like it’s not like I don’t like them, I just don’t care if they are there or not. I don’t feel like talking as much when they are around. I don’t know if it’s a fear of saying something stupid, or saying something and not being heard, or both. But I still talk to them and we’re still cool, just not as cool as my friend thought I would be with them since he thinks we have the same type of humor. Except their vibe is just different sometimes. Anyways, my friend knows I am a pretty outgoing person, who talks to everyone. Everyone I met so far that’s friends with him, I get along with. So since I am usually outgoing he asked me today, he asked me why I was being so introverted and just on my phone and not talking. And it wasn’t even because I didn’t like them, it was because that’s the vibe that they were giving. They were on their phones too, and being kind of quiet. So I just stayed on that vibe. I was also kind of tired too. He is just used to me being super outgoing and conversational and happy. I usually do that when I am with him and our close friends because I don’t feel like I am being judged. I don’t know why I feel like I am being judged by them, but it makes me act a little different in close settings, like where we were, where everyone was sitting on a table and talking.

In those situations, I notice everything. I noticed that when my other friend would say something, it would get ignored. And it wasn’t even once, it was more than once. And I thought to myself, what if that happens to me? I don’t want to be in that situation where I try and add to the convo and get ignored or they don’t hear me. So I stayed back. Anyways, it was whatever, I talked for a bit, but not too much, and I wasn’t myself. So what it lead to was me thinking about all my other friends who act totally different around different people. And it’s perfectly normal. It’s human nature to act differently around different people. You would do something differently in front of your boss than you would with your best friend for example. But it’s interesting to see how we act with different friend circles. With some friends we can be the tough guy who barely smiles and always wants to start a fight for no reason, with some friends we can be the joker who always jokes around about everything, with other friends we can be the sensitive person who shares their feelings. It all depends on the group dynamics and the vibe of the group. Some people don’t really know themselves. They know they have a small part of

themselves in all the groups, and they satisfy that personality by hanging out with those type of friends. Whether it is high school friends, university friends, work friends, we all act differently around different types of friends to some extent.

The reason for me to write about this is so that people can acknowledge that this goes on, with themselves or anyone else they know, and understand that it’s normal. I hear too many times of people calling someone “fake” or “different” because they act differently around some other people than with them. But what if that it’s part of their personality, and they feel more comfortable sharing that personality trait with that group than with you? You have to understand it in your own life first before understanding it in others obviously, but that’s how it works sometimes. We have to understand that humans are like chameleons sometimes, and we adapt to our environment. But just remember, just because you are hanging out with certain people, don’t let them limit you from what you want to do, because of a fear that they won’t approve or they would judge you. Because at the end of the day, you can eventually get over something you did, but you can never get over something you didn’t do.

Anyways, I am going to keep this blog post short, because my last blog post was probably the longest blog post ever known to man. It was so long, even I didn’t read it after writing it. If my friend asks me to guest write again, then I have a lot of other stuff that goes through my head, so maybe those will interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment