WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, December 25, 2015

Guest Post #17: Yellow Rose

Merry Christmas y'all, here is today's guest post.

Guest Writer #1: SpeakingMyMind
Guest Writer #2: Letters To You

Guest Writer #3: TC
Guest Writer #4: Anonymous Queen B
Guest Writer #5: Someone You Used To Know
Guest Writer #6: Heartlocked
Guest Writer #7: LG Slayer 231
Guest Writer #8: TC
Guest Writer #9: G. Ho
Guest Writer #10: Golden Frieza
Guest Writer #11: Ghost Writer
Guest Writer #12: Pink Precariat
Guest Writer #13: Disconnect
Guest Writer #14: Daniel
Guest Writer #15: Golden Frieza
Guest Writer #16: Someone You Used To Know

Loving God First?
Before I begin, I just wanted to say thanks to Rodmond for letting me have this opportunity to write on his blog. I’ve been following it for a few years now and it’s been such an inspiration to me!

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your…” blah blah blah. We all know the Greatest Commandment and can say it by heart, but how many of us actually live this sacred command of Jesus in our day to day lives? This past year, I’ve been struggling with this verse a lot. How am I supposed to love a God who I can’t see, more than I love my friends, or other worldly things? But the biggest struggle of all was this one guy. I’ve liked him for about a year. And for a whole year, I’ve been totally engrossed in building a relationship with him- that I kind of forgot about mine with God. It’s funny how one person can take up so much of your time, so much of your thoughts and so much of your energy. And it did work for a while. I can say we’re pretty tight at the moment- but one thing that was never returned was the kind of love I had for him. I definitely became discouraged more than once but each time I pulled through, continued to like him because I saw hope.

However, here I was a year later, still highly unsuccessful. I was so done. I just wanted to stop having these feelings once and for all and I had no idea how to do it because I had just spent so much time investing into this one boy. And so like a typical teenage girl, I turned to my best friends. They helped me realize the biggest problem with my problem, and that was that I had forgotten to love God first. They suggested that maybe, my time and effort was spent on the wrong thing- or person for this matter. I should’ve spent it all on my relationship with God. And you know what the best part is? When we invest in God, we get so much more back. See, when I was investing in this boy, I didn’t get much back. Sure, we did develop a relationship. But the effort involved was very much one sided. With God, He returns everything we give Him. In fact, He gave us everything in the beginning. And I realized that God’s love isn’t something that I can’t reach or see. It’s actually all around us! It’s in the friends and family he gives us, the necessities he continually provides for us, and in the everyday happenings that we take for granted.

With this realization in mind, it’s much easier to perceive the kind of love he has for us and return it. He gives us 1440 minutes every day. Can we not just spent 20 minutes with him, in devotion or prayer? Of course, even now, I am still struggling with the same thing, but it’s getting much easier with Him on my side. I am continually thankful for all the brothers and sisters in my life who have struggled with me through this and I hope that sharing this will help anyone else out there dealing with things like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment