WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, January 30, 2017

Guest Writer #30: B.C.K.

Day 30/31

I think it's pretty fitting to have our 30th guest writer post on the 30th...don't you think...pretty crazy to think I started this whole thing in 2013...and here we are in 2017, 30 guest posts later...hope y'all continue to enjoy this as much as I do and super duper shoutouts to all the guests over the years...I appreciate it.

Thank you, Rodmond, for giving me the opportunity to post on your blog. It has taken me quite a long time to bring myself to guest write. A myriad of insecurities would keep me from writing before, however, I remember one day Rodmond telling me that with his blog, he didn’t care about how many people or who would read the blog because he writes for himself, and other people reading it is just a bonus. With that in mind, I decided to write for myself, and share the broken pieces as they are. Sometimes, I get really sad looking at my list of Facebook friends. Facebook is the social media that everyone just sort of has, and adds each other on just for the sake of having each other on Facebook. Your friends list just kind of keeps building up, until you don’t even realize how long it is. I get sad because the people I really cared about are just names on a list now. They used to be the ones who would stay up late and talk with me. They were the ones who told me that I could open up to them because they were real friends. They were the ones who would say that we would keep in touch forever, BECAUSE we had Facebook. Now, they’re buried in a never ending list of people I’ve met once or twice, people I’ve had passing conversations with. Thinking about it, hearing from one of them now would be just as shocking and random as if someone I had only spoken to twice would be. I don’t think that these friends were lying to me when they say that they’re going to keep in touch, they just didn’t realize how busy they themselves would be. And I totally understand, it’s impossible to keep in touch with hundreds of friends, so you naturally just stop talking to some, and forget about the others. I guess if I’m truly being honest with myself, I get really sad because I’m always the one of forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment