WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Guest Writer #33: Young Gerald

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why can't y'all recognize
That we all came from sacrifice?

If you know the reference, you are a real one lol. Anyways, I guess this is a response/continuation of Rod’s recent post: Embrace Your Singleness 2. To me, life seems to be all about making sacrifices. From something like “do I sacrifice an hour of sleep for an extra hour of videogames?” to sacrificing 4 years of your time for a “prestigious”, “recognizable” piece of diploma, a lot of times we are forced to make decisions because time is so finite. The question that begs then, is “are the sacrifices worth it?”. Obviously, this is a subjective question. What is the best decision in a situation depends on different contexts, and the individual’s values too. I mean, think about it. After spending 4 lengthy years in school, heck some graduates are still unemployed. Is it worth it? To some, they might say no, because having a degree didn’t get them a job. To others, they might say yes despite being jobless, for the theoretical constructs they have learned, for the experiences that have transpired and prepared them for adulthood, for all the valuable friends that they have met throughout. For myself, sometimes I really don’t know if my sacrifices are worth it or not. You know? Working hard, getting promoted, saving up for a car, a house, and starting a family, blah blah blah. Am I sacrificing for myself? or my family? Sure enough, money is a crucial aspect of life. But there are also so many things money cannot buy, like time, experiences, long-lasting happiness. I really wish there is someone who I can share my life with, someone who is also willing to share their burdens/struggles with me. Ultimately, someone who will make these sacrifices worth it. But unfortunately, that is just a part of life that you can’t control. I remember a friend once said something to me along the line of “if someone leaves you at your worst, he/she doesn’t deserve you at your best.” Needless to say, I am beyond thankful for those who chose to stick around in my life. Those who have supported me in my struggles, those who have believed me when I didn’t believe in myself, those who have reached out with a kind heart and loving encouragements… I will never forget it. Life might feel lonely and real difficult at times, but those who love and care for you will always give you meaning to keep living.

Put the hours in, put the work in
Swear I try so hard to be perfect
But sometimes, it feels like a burden
Cause I still ain't crap but a person

No comments:

Post a Comment